Ann McBride Chiropractic is a private practice led by principal chiropractor, Dr Ann McBride DC. Ann is a graduate of the McTimoney College of Chiropractic in Oxfordshire and has worked in clinics across the UK, including London, Nottingham and now in Coleshill and Coventry.
Ann firmly believes in promoting and aiding general health and well-being, not only through excellent chiropractic care but also by encouraging patients to lead healthier lives to prevent problems before they arise.
What to expect on your first visit
Your initial consultation and treatment will primarily be an assessment of your general health, previous conditions and existing symptoms. You will be asked to complete a questionnaire before your chiropractor asks specific questions to give them a clear understanding of your current condition.
They will then conduct a physical examination to locate the problem, during which time your chiropractor will make adjustments using the light, dextrous techniques associated with the McTimoney technique.
If at any point your chiropractor discovers or suspects a condition that requires medical intervention, they will refer you to your GP for further tests.
Your first visit will last up to 1 hour. During this time, the chiropractor will:
- Take a full case history, assessing your general health, previous conditions, and existing symptoms
- Ask your permission to conduct a thorough physical examinations (this will include neurological and orthopaedic tests, if necessary)
- Make adjustments using the light, dextrous techniques associated with the McTimoney technique
In some instances, your chiropractor may need to ask you to remove some clothing. Privacy and a gown are always provided but do tell your chiropractor if you feel uncomfortable about undressing.
A chiropractor’s first concern is to find out what is wrong. They will also check for signs of any serious conditions for which you would need specialist advice.
- £55 – initial consultation and treatment
- £40 – per subsequent treatment
Children’s chiropractic care (up to age 16)
- £45 – initial consultation and treatment
- £20 – per subsequent treatment
Free posture checks available.